Aloo Palda:Pahari-style potatoes in a creamy yogurt gravy with warm spices like cloves and cardamom.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into finger fries
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 strip of cinnamon bark
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Pinch of hing (asafetida)
- 2 tablespoons of raw rice and 3 green cardamoms (grind with 4 tablespoons of water)
- 6 cups of yogurt whisked
How to Make Aloo Palda
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- Add 1 black cardamom, 1 strip of cinnamon bark, 5-6 cloves, pinch of hing and 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Add the sliced onions
- Add 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, ¾ teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon garam masala and salt.
- Add the potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes till potatoes are almost cooked.
- Mix the ground rice with the whisked yogurt.
- Add the yogurt mixture to potatoes and keep stirring on medium heat till the gravy comes to a boil.
9. Let it boil additionally for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and cilantro and serve hot.