Chicken Fried Rice:Chicken Fried Rice – Restaurant style Add all ingredients together in saucepan and bring to boil
- Make rice first.
- Add all ingredients together in saucepan and bring to boil.
- Turn to simmer and cook 20 minutes with lid on.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large skillet pan melt butter.
- In a small bowl stir egg and water.
- Add to skillet on medium low heat in one big thin pancake formation.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until set.
- Take out carefully with spatula (I roll it end over end as I take it out to cut easier and prevent breakage).
- Cut egg into long thin shreds on cutting board.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet (for flavor) over medium high heat and put in onion, bell pepper and drained water chestnuts; cook until soft (if you like it still a little crispy then sauté only a few minutes). Add rice, chicken, soy sauce and pepper.
- Mix all together to warm through and then add shredded egg to mixture.
- Cook a few minutes more and serve hot.
- Provided by:http://www.food.com