John Cena:First things first, you should know that John will be blasting onto your screens in June with two movies.
In June’s blockbuster line-up, Cena shows us that he’s more than just The Face of WWE.
Having bagged 11 WWE Championships and two World Heavyweight titles, the 36-year-old Cenation Leader doesn’t appear to be slowing down. This month you can watch him in 12 Rounds and The Marine.
1. He’s Italian-American and was born John Felix Anthony Cena on 23 April 1977 in West Newbury, Massachusetts, and he has four brothers.
2. After attending a prestigious private school, The Champ went to Springfield College, where he not only gained a degree in exercise physiology, he was also the captain of Springfield’s All-American football team.
3. He debuted on WWE Smackdown in 2002 when he was 25.
4. His heart is as big as his biceps. He’s been very involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and to date Cena has granted more than 300 wishes, the most that any granter has made, and received the Chris Greicius Celebrity Award for his selflessness.
5. He started lifting weights at an early age because he wanted to protect himself from bullies at school. He used his experiences when he campaigned in WWE’s Be-A-Star Foundation against bullying.
6. Cena’s most humiliating loss was to the famous-for-being-famous douchebag and Britney Spears’ ex-husband, Kevin Federline. The dancer/singer/model/actor ended up beating him by playing dirty.
7. In an Ontario match he suffered from severe food poisoning but still went ahead with the match. But John’s stomach had other ideas, none of the fans realised his predicament as he threw up underneath the ring.
8. Due to the wrestler’s popularity, WWE invested in movies starring John Cena as the lead, the first was The Marine in 2006. When it was released, Cena promoted it by changing his style to a military look.
9. He used his fashion for promotion again when he wore pink in support of breast cancer awareness.
10. The Doctor of Thugonomics is also a rap star. He sang his own WWE theme song Basic Thugonomics and later brought out his first album named after his famous catchphrase, You Can’t See Me. It debuted on the US Billboard charts in 15th place and the music is used in most of his movies.
Watch John Cena in 12 Rounds this Sunday at 8PM, and The Marine next week at 8PM. Also, remember to tune into our popular WWE shows for more of his Attitude Adjustments!